Is it possible to Autoplay New Storymap in a loop (not reversing at the end)?

Jump to solution
01-28-2020 09:10 AM
HelenBradley1
New Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to play the 'new' storymap in a loop using Autoplay?  When I turn on Autoplay for the storymap I've created it scrolls to the end of the story and then reverses back to the start.  I'm displaying the storymap in a public concourse and I would rather it looped back to the start rather than reversed back through the entire story (it looks very strange as it rapidly scrolls back through the entire story).

There only seems to be an option to turn on/off Autoplay but no settings to configure it.

Many thanks,

Helen

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Helen -- Thanks for providing feedback on the autoplay feature of ArcGIS StoryMaps. What you've described is the current behavior, but we're not happy with it either and already have plans to change it in an upcoming release in late Q1 or early Q2.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Helen -- Thanks for providing feedback on the autoplay feature of ArcGIS StoryMaps. What you've described is the current behavior, but we're not happy with it either and already have plans to change it in an upcoming release in late Q1 or early Q2.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
HelenBradley1
New Contributor

Hi Owen,

Thank you for the quick reply.  I look forward to seeing the change implemented in the near future.

Regards,

Helen

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @OwenGeo, I've been looking for a way to get the storymap to loop from the start while on autoplay - is this functionality still in work?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@Anonymous User -- Sorry, it appears that is a bug that was introduced in one of our recent releases. Autoplay should loop to the top of the story when it gets to the end.

We'll have autoplay working properly again in about a week after our next update.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos