How to remove navigation bar in Storymaps?

05-14-2020 02:58 PM
LoganBrissette
New Contributor

Hello, I wanted to see if a navigation bar would be good for my storymap, so I toggled it on. Turns out it doesn't work well for my story, so I toggle the navigation off, but now the gray space for it stays on my storymap. How do I delete the gray bar? I have tried clearing my cookies, logging in and out of my account, and nothing seems to be working. Picture attached to show you what I mean. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Logan -- I'm sorry you are having trouble disabling the nav bar in your story. When you hover over the bar, do you see a gear? If so, click that and take a look at the navigation settings and share a screenshot or let us know what you see there. Are you able to share your story with Everyone and provide its ID so we can investigate?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
LoganElizabeth
New Contributor

Hi Owen, 

I have attached a photo of my options with the storymap. Pretty much, when I select the settings on the gray bar ( the gear symbol) it allows me to check or uncheck sections of my story and then save or cancel out. There is no option to delete the bar. 

Unfortunately this storymap is not yet publishable/shareable per my organization's rules.

Thank you,

Logan

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Logan -- I'm sorry this is affecting your story. The toggle in the Design panel should turn the bar on and off. We haven't had any other reports of this issue, and unfortunately we can't reproduce it. It seems to be an anomaly with this particular story.

You could try duplicating the story (from the ... menu in the builder header) and see if the copy has the same issue. If that doesn't work, and since you are unable to share your story publicly, I'd suggest that you contact Esri Tech Support and they will be able to help you troubleshoot further.

I'm not sure how long your story is, but you could also create another and copy/re-upload/re-add the content to a new story, but I realize that might be a lot of work.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did this problem ever get solved?  I have the same issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos