Select to view content in your preferred language

How to get StoryMap to full screen of website

Jump to solution
09-12-2023 01:14 PM
CraigNorkus1
New Contributor II

Hello. My apologies if this has been addressed numerous times. But I guess I'm looking for a specific solution to my scenario.  

Essentially, I have a StoryMap that obviously fits full screen in the browser. But after embedding into my WordPress theme, it's not even close to full screen. I've worked with the theme's display options, ie. Full Width, No Side Bar, et al., to no avail. I am certainly no developer(respect to all of you), but using standard out of the box solutions to assist with my ideas towards a fun and/or educational website. I will take any recommendations! This was created a year or so ago using Google maps. But I now have a copy of ArcGIS Pro and almost ready to begin working on converting all maps. But wanted to get this out there. 

My StoryMap:  https://arcg.is/1j8uX50

My website:  https://chicagogeohistory.com/

Thank you very much in advance! 

Craig Norkus

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigNorkus1
New Contributor II

Resolved. 

Chose WordPress theme that allows for Full Screen, ie. Hello Elementor > Select WordPress Page > Edit Page > Select Block > Within block editing tools, Select Column at far left > within Align tool, select Full width > Select Update in far upper right corner > refresh webpage in another browser to confirm re-alignment.  

Header image may need to be re-sized. 

Thanks again, Owen, for shining light on this aspect. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@CraigNorkus1 -- Thanks for contacting the Esri community with your question!

The size and shape of the story on your WordPress page actually has nothing to do with the story. The story will simply fill whatever container you put it in. You'll need to figure out how to create a larger frame on your WordPress page. Maybe someone else from the community knows how to do this, or I'd recommend that you ask a colleague who's knowledgeable in WP or post to the WP online community.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
CraigNorkus1
New Contributor II

That makes sense, Owen. I will dig in to enlargening the WP frame. When completed I'll then write up the req'd steps back in this string. 

I appreciate the tip! 

Craig

CraigNorkus1
New Contributor II

Resolved. 

Chose WordPress theme that allows for Full Screen, ie. Hello Elementor > Select WordPress Page > Edit Page > Select Block > Within block editing tools, Select Column at far left > within Align tool, select Full width > Select Update in far upper right corner > refresh webpage in another browser to confirm re-alignment.  

Header image may need to be re-sized. 

Thanks again, Owen, for shining light on this aspect.