How to create a homepage for story map?

Jump to solution
05-11-2020 04:04 AM
AyokunleAdebisi1
New Contributor III

I want to create a main page for my story map application with language preference before entering the main application. I saw this and I will like to have it to make story map better. I need it ASAP. Thanks #ArcGIS StoryMaps

Thematic maps were created in ArcGIS Online, based on the collected data, fieldwork and literature review, depicting the most important and unique points (https://goo.gl/ok1j9F). More specifically: Home page using Story Map Cascade template, gives a general view of the Methana peninsula, containing a video recorded during a UAV flight. Also, it has been designed to provide the possibility to add a language preference, before entering the main application (Figure 5). The Story Map is available in Greek, and in English.
Figure 5. Screenshot presenting the Home page of Story Map for Methana Volcano, Greece (https://goo.gl/ok1j9F).
Entering the main application, users can see eight tabs and each one can be generally distinguished into two areas: one on the left where narrative text, photos, videos and tables can be presented and the main frame, where web maps, scenes or multimedia content can be added. In the first tab (Figure 6), general information about the Methana peninsula is given. For this purpose, another Story Map, Story Map Series—Side Accordion template, having five tabs, is embedded, as follows:
Ijgi 07 00484 g006 550
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello -- There are a few ways to do this. Some simple ones that don't require custom code are described in the first blog post, below. If you are a developer and have the ability to download the Cascade source code, modify it, and host it yourself, you can consider the option described in the second article.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello -- There are a few ways to do this. Some simple ones that don't require custom code are described in the first blog post, below. If you are a developer and have the ability to download the Cascade source code, modify it, and host it yourself, you can consider the option described in the second article.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps