Select to view content in your preferred language

Embed Tableau chart

a month ago
Labels (1)
SarahHurley1
New Contributor II

I am trying to embed a tableau chart, but it is showing up blank. I have successfully embedded a tableau dashboard into a StoryMap in the past, but even if I copy and paste that link that is working as an embed into a new "Embed" section, the whole middle part where the dashboard should be is blank. 

I am attaching a screenshot of what it looks like after I put in the embed link that has previously worked in my other StoryMap.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KWarnell
New Contributor II

I just happened to try embedding a tableau chart into a StoryMap for the first time today, and am getting the same result. A card shows up with no title or description, and a link to the tableau site. Hovering over the 'inline embedding' button at the top of the card tells me that the content doesn't support it.

This is with the tableau share url - I tried with the embed code from tableau as well, but immediately got an error message from storymaps.

I've seen some examples of StoryMaps with embedded, interactive tableau content, so maybe something has changed?

0 Kudos
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @KWarnell and @SarahHurley1 ,

This is something we are actively investigating. There has been a change to our embed provider's Tableau embedding behavior that we are working with the provider to resolve. For now, utilizing an iframe when embedding should still allow a live embed. Here's an example of successful iframe formatting and parameters:

"<iframe src="https://public.tableau.com/views/VGContest_InteractiveFiscalCalendar_ShinichiroMurakami/FYCalendar?:language=en-US&:sid=&:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link&publish=yes&:showVizHome=no "></iframe>"

We are seeing some issues with the height and width settings of the Tableau embeds, so let us know if you run into an issue with seeing the full dimensions of your embed.

--Abby

0 Kudos
SarahHurley1
New Contributor II

Hi Abby - thank you so much! I was able to get it to work using the iframe formatting parameters!

The bottom of the Tableau embed is getting cut off a little, and I don't think I am able to adjust the height at all.

0 Kudos