content cannot be shown in frame

Jump to solution
07-28-2020 02:35 PM
ToddMorse
New Contributor

I am working in an enterprise environment and have a pdf file showing a chart.  I want to add this as a tab within a story map.  I have added this content separately within portal and then have sharing properties set so that all can view.  I create a new tab, name it, then click on web page and insert my content link of my file within our portal and click to configure.  On my screen while signed in, everything looks great.  If i come back in without signing in to edit content, I get the infamous blank screen that tells me that my content cannot be displayed within a frame and it gives me the option to open in a new window.  When I click on that link, my pdf file displays in a new window.  How can I get that to pull up on the tab without the confusion??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Todd -- Make sure you are using the URL provided on the PDF item page (it's near the bottom of the right sidebar) when adding the PDF to the story.

If you just copy the link from the browser address bar you're likely copying a security token that will not work consistently.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Todd -- Make sure you are using the URL provided on the PDF item page (it's near the bottom of the right sidebar) when adding the PDF to the story.

If you just copy the link from the browser address bar you're likely copying a security token that will not work consistently.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos