Show StoryMaps Map Attribute Fields

Jump to solution
07-08-2020 11:20 AM
RyanBohan
Occasional Contributor III

Does anyone know of a way to get StoryMaps to show a maps Attribute Fields?

I have a map with about 50 Rec Centers.  I would like to create a storymap that steps through each of the of them and dynamically displays those feature layer attribute fields.  Ideally configuring the display to show fields similarly to how we can configure pop ups.  That way when the database gets updated the StoryMap will automatically stay up to date.

I know I can recreate the points with a guided tour and manually copy and paste the information from the fields.  Which would give me the display I want, but the data would have to be manually updated.  Which means I can not display anything that is subject to change ie hours, upcoming events, etc

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Ryan -- This isn't possible in ArcGIS StoryMaps now, but we are working on providing a way to create a guided tour from a feature service that will make the process more data driven. For now, I'd recommend using one of the ArcGIS configurable app templates or Web AppBuilder as I think those may meet some of your requirements. 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Ryan -- This isn't possible in ArcGIS StoryMaps now, but we are working on providing a way to create a guided tour from a feature service that will make the process more data driven. For now, I'd recommend using one of the ArcGIS configurable app templates or Web AppBuilder as I think those may meet some of your requirements. 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos