Character Limit

Jump to solution
11-09-2021 11:17 AM
JR5
by
New Contributor II

Popping back in for another question (thanks so much for taking the time to consider my questions)! 

Reading previous questions and blog posts, I think the Classic Story Map Tour has a character limit of 1000 per tour point. While my understanding is that the Classic Story Map Shortlist did not have a character limit per tour point. 

In the immersive Map Tour feature (Explorer and Guided), is there a character limit per tour point? 

Thank you so much!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JR5 -- I don't believe there's a character limit for tour place descriptions.

However, the best, most engaging tours have short descriptions of each place. I'd suggest that the ideal length is not more than a few paragraphs. If there is more to share you can always link out to additional information on the web for very interested readers. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. 🙂 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@JR5 -- I don't believe there's a character limit for tour place descriptions.

However, the best, most engaging tours have short descriptions of each place. I'd suggest that the ideal length is not more than a few paragraphs. If there is more to share you can always link out to additional information on the web for very interested readers. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. 🙂 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
JR5
by
New Contributor II

Good point, absolutely! Thank you so much, Owen.