Can I disable automatic saving in the new Story Maps app?

Jump to solution
09-24-2019 10:59 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I created a new Story Map with the new App program. I deleted the first of about a dozen "sidecar" slides and all the slides were deleted. I immediately tried to undo (ctrl z) and it was too late. The program auto saved.

1) how do I disable the autosave

2) can I get my data slides back some way (revert to previous save?)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Audrey -- I'm sorry that you had an issue with your story that made you lose some of your work. Currently, there's no undo or way to disable autosave. Please note that builder shows a prompt to confirm anytime something is being removed from the story for good and it mentions these actions cannot be undone. However, we recognize that content can still be accidentally deleted, so we are looking to add some undo features to the story builder for a future release that will help in situations like this.

Note that the delete option (trash can icon) all the way at the left of the sidecar builder panel is for deleting the entire sidecar section. Individual sidecar slides can be removed using the option in the ... menu next to each slide.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Audrey -- I'm sorry that you had an issue with your story that made you lose some of your work. Currently, there's no undo or way to disable autosave. Please note that builder shows a prompt to confirm anytime something is being removed from the story for good and it mentions these actions cannot be undone. However, we recognize that content can still be accidentally deleted, so we are looking to add some undo features to the story builder for a future release that will help in situations like this.

Note that the delete option (trash can icon) all the way at the left of the sidecar builder panel is for deleting the entire sidecar section. Individual sidecar slides can be removed using the option in the ... menu next to each slide.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The message popped up about deleting the sidecar slide and I agreed to it. I didn’t expect all of my sidecar slides to be deleted. That is the biggest problem. Slide 1 of the slidecar series must be tied to deleting all of them. I see that as a problem. I really hope there is a way to save when we want and/or a better way to back out of things. This new method certainly seems to have some steps backward instead of forward. I do like some of the options but so far the “classic” options seem much more user friendly and provide more options.

0 Kudos