Map Actions for Swipe Block

04-12-2022 11:27 AM
AnnieBrough
New Contributor III

Would really love the ability to add map actions to the maps within a swipe block. Currently, the map action button is disabled (greyed out) when designing within a swipe block.

Use case: In an embedded web app builder within a classic story map, I was using the swipe tool to allow the user to choose aerial photos by year to swipe and compare shoreline change. I am in the process of rebuilding the classic story map in the new story maps builder and I was hoping to use a swipe block as the main stage of a sidecar element, with one map being a static aerial photo and the other map with a changing aerial photo to swipe against it, which would be selected by the user using map action buttons - a button for each aerial photo by year.

Tags (2)
2 Comments
OwenGeo

Thanks for this suggestion @AnnieBrough. I can see how that could be useful and we have discussed this before, but don't have this currently in our roadmap. I moved this post from the questions space to the ideas space so others can vote for and weigh in on this request.

ArielLow2146

Seconding this idea. We have a StoryMap that uses the swipe functionality. Since map actions aren't supported with the swipe block we had to add a second slide with the map actions. It would be great if the user could zoom into the section we're describing and use the swipe to compare how the different programs overlap.