Hyperlink within a story doesn't work when embedded or collected

04-22-2022 05:54 AM
Labels (1)
JennyRassmus
New Contributor II

A while back Esri introduced the ability to create links for navigation within a story map. This does not work when a story map is accessed from a story map collection or when embedded in experience builder. 

It would be nice if it did work, but at least we should be able to switch this option off since it's not obvious to the user why it's not workning when they don't access the story map directly.

2 Comments
OwenGeo
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @JennyRassmus -- Can you clarify what you mean that the copy heading link feature doesn't work when a story is accessed from a collection? I'm not seeing any issues with that and it appears to be working as expected for me.

It is true that in some browsers (Chrome and Edge), the copy heading link feature is blocked when a story is embedded in an Experience Builder, Hub page, or other website. There is another thread with some addition information about this issue that you can read here.

JennyRassmus

Hi @OwenGeo. My experience is actually limited to experience builder, but I was told by Esri Sweden support yesterday that it doesn't work in collection either.

Thank's for the tip about the other thread.