How to modify text justification

05-23-2022 02:37 PM
EricClute
New Contributor II

Hi there, I am creating a storymap and ran into an issue with the text justification. In the below screenshot, you can see a text box to the left of an image, and vice versa below it. My client would like the top text to align with the left side of the bottom image. Same on the right side of the screen, text below aligning with the photo above (I hope that makes sense).  Perhaps more bluntly, why are there gaps between the text boxes and the margins, and how can I close them? Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (2)
2 Comments
OwenGeo

@EricClute -- Thanks for sharing your feedback about this. What you are seeing is expected and is one common/possible layout for how text can flow around media on a web page. There are many other possible treatments and combinations of media position and text alignment/justification. Currently, ArcGIS StoryMaps does not have an option to change how floated images are placed on the page (other than switching the media from the left to the right).

As we get feedback about other layout options that our community is asking for, we can consider providing additional options in future updates.

I'll convert this question to an idea so others can vote for this suggestion. If you have additional information or possibly a screenshot and/or link to a web page where the layout your client is asking for is used, that would be very helpful information for us to have.

OwenGeo
Status changed to: Needs Clarification