Select to view content in your preferred language

Disable StoryMaps Cover

07-14-2022 05:56 AM
Labels (2)
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

I have a number of StoryMaps that use the old classic templates that I would like to transition to the new StoryMaps. These classic StoryMaps are used as interactive displays in a museum (see here for one of the story maps) and attached for picture of the displays in our museum.

Now that swipe maps and story navigation has been added to ArcGIS StoryMap, I would like to recreate these classic apps in the new builder. But I am worried that having a cover may distract from the content of the StoryMap (or miss it all together). I would like to just display the content of the StoryMap without a cover, so that the navigation links are displayed directly under the title bar.

I don't believe publishing a StoryMap without a cover is supported at the moment, but it would be great to have an option with ArcGIS StoryMaps to disable the cover.

Thank you for the consideration!

Nick

12 Comments
DanielMabie

I wanted to follow up and voice support for this as an option. There are already more features and apps in the ecosystem than anyone has time to use, it would be nice just to be able to have this option for those of us who are already invested in the storymap as a medium.

OwenGeo
Status changed to: Implemented

This feature was added in the May 15 update to ArcGIS StoryMaps. For more information, see What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (May 2024) (esri.com)