Auto-Lock Feature Pop-ups to Dock

03-02-2022 05:08 PM
Labels (1)
ColinMcNamara
New Contributor III

It would be great if we had the option to auto-dock feature pop-ups in maps (like auto-display legend). In the image below,  I have an image within my pop-up but the viewer needs to scroll the pop-up to see image. When docked, all the pop-up's content is fully visible without the need to engage with the pop-up further.

ColinMcNamara_0-1646269562345.png

Tags (1)
8 Comments
jcarlson

I'd like to see this feature available for the new Map Viewer everywhere. None of my users want the floating popup, and they all ask how to move it. The "dock" button is an extra click, and not always intuitive for less tech-savvy folks. If I could just have them default to docked, it would be so nice!

JoabelBarbieri

Great idea! super needed

OwenGeo
Status changed to: Under Consideration

We don't have a specific date for this on our roadmap, but we are looking to add something like this, in addition to some other pop-up configuration enhancements, in the future. 

stariq22

Yes! It’s a great idea

OwenGeo

@jcarlson -- Sounds like you'd like an option in the map viewer that enables you to set the pop-up display option for a web map, then everywhere that map appears that pop-up display option would be used. That would have to be implemented in ArcGIS Online first, and then ArcGIS apps, like StoryMaps, Dashboards, etc., could honor that new option.

Since this is the ArcGIS StoryMaps ideas board, I'd suggest that you post this idea to ArcGIS Online Ideas - Esri Community

ChrisSchrader

This is a great idea and is much needed!

OwenGeo

This ability to set the pop-up display to "docked" was added to ArcGIS StoryMaps in February 2024.

For more information and a video of how to use this feature see What’s new in ArcGIS StoryMaps (February 2024) (esri.com).

OwenGeo
Status changed to: Implemented