Adjustable space between items/text in left sidebar in Sidecar

03-31-2021 12:13 PM
Labels (1)
DeanaSchwarz
New Contributor II

There seems to be too much white space between text from item one to item two (e.g., between media additions) in the left-hand column - it is a whole page of blank! I fear visitors will grow bored and leave my page (hopefully my content will keep them there! ha ha). I am hoping that in the future we will be able to have the option to decrease the amount of space between paragraphs of text between media additions, in the left-hand column. 

Tags (2)
3 Comments
OwenGeo
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Anneka_France

Agree that the white space is too large between slides and some of our users have said they find it annoying. It breaks up the narrative a bit too much - like starting a new chapter rather than a new paragraph - and scrolling feels excessive. You actually find yourself scrolling once or twice to get to the next slide and see a change in content.

It would be nice if the amount of white space was reduced or could be variable. Alternatively, you could allow different types of transitions between slides. This would create the same kind of seamless experience as Shorthand stories, where each scrolling movement results in a change in the content on the screen. 

HarrietAlvis

I'd also like to be able to reduce the amount of white space between slides. We prefer the spacing of the Map Journal template in classic StoryMaps.