Spatial Adjustment Toolbar

Jump to solution
04-28-2022 10:01 AM
conjuradoBench
New Contributor II

I'm working to adjust my maps but my spatial adjustment tools in my toolbar is disabled which includes its New Displacement Link Tool and everything in the toolbar. I'm using arcgis 10.8. Can someone help me pls. This is for my thesis and I'm running out of time. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasHamill
Occasional Contributor II

@conjuradoBench, are you trying to adjust the geometry of a shapefile or feature class?

I believe you need to be in an edit session to use the spatial adjustment toolbar.

Also, FWIW, I've run into some issues/hang-ups when using the Spatial Adjustment Toolbar on feature classes as opposed to just shapefiles;  Spatial adjustments seem to stick or "take" more easily for shapefiles than for feature classes in my experience.

Kindest Regards,

t

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ThomasHamill
Occasional Contributor II

@conjuradoBench, are you trying to adjust the geometry of a shapefile or feature class?

I believe you need to be in an edit session to use the spatial adjustment toolbar.

Also, FWIW, I've run into some issues/hang-ups when using the Spatial Adjustment Toolbar on feature classes as opposed to just shapefiles;  Spatial adjustments seem to stick or "take" more easily for shapefiles than for feature classes in my experience.

Kindest Regards,

t
conjuradoBench
New Contributor II

Thank you so much @ThomasHamill . I have another problem with my maps. Kindly see the attached files.

Map 2 has an unknown source and therefore, I try to use the 'define projection'. I input the projection of Map 1 for them to overlap. However, even with the same projection, it did not work. Please help me how to adjust the projection of Map 2 correctly to overlap it with Map 1. I sincerely can't find a solution to this. I am hoping for your immediate and positive response. Thank you.

0 Kudos