Select to view content in your preferred language

Re-opening Suitability Model

03-23-2022 11:40 AM
PaulBooks_CoA
New Contributor II

When I re-open an existing suitability model from the content pane, the parameters no longer appear under the suitability pane and I am unable to make an further changes to transformations and weights. I still see all the transformed rasters under sources but they are not in the suitability pane or the group layer. Any recommendations on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
13 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

Please include a screenshot of what you are seeing.

...and, if you've not opened the Suitability model after opening the ArcGIS Pro project, see the image below on how to open it.

SteveLynch_0-1648064654619.png

PaulBooks_CoA
New Contributor II

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for your reply. That is the same process I used to re-open the model. Below is a screenshot showing the source rasters and the suitability pane having no visible parameters. 

PaulBooks_CoA_0-1648479130441.pngPaulBooks_CoA_1-1648479141921.png

0 Kudos
MaritFrost1
New Contributor

Hi! I have this same problem and it is killing me. Suitability modeler loses all of its iterative workflow for me if I have to re-transform everything each time I close the model (or ArcGIS crashes). Have you found any way to reopen the transformation pane without everything resetting and re-transforming every criteria?

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Do any of your criteria rasters appear in the Suitability group layer in the Contents pane?

Did you convert the criteria rasters to Web Imagery layers or another raster dataset on disk?

Can you email me (slynch@esri.com) the .sam file, it is a JSON text file in the same folder as your ArcGIS Pro project?

0 Kudos
GloriaBlaise
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I am having this exact issue and have no clue whether I should just stop using the suitability modeler and use a classic method to weigh these layers. All of the transformations are removed from the parameters and I cannot locate regions unless I do the transformations all over again. The suitability map is still in the project but somehow no longer linked...

GloriaBlaise_0-1693288387846.png

Error message

GloriaBlaise_1-1693288431955.png

SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems. 

Once you've done the transformations you need to create a full resolution Suitability map before doing Locate Regions. If you look at the properties of the suitability raster you'll notice that it is an .afr (a function raster) and it needs to be persisted to a full resolution resolution raster. This is all done within Suitability Modeler.

0 Kudos
GloriaBlaise
New Contributor II

Thank you Steve,

I am using 3.0. I did not run this before it crashed and so I will give it a try again tonight and see if I can get past the final run before locating.

0 Kudos
EmmaCurran18
New Contributor II

@SteveLynch I would like to note that I am having the same issue with the Suitability Modeler not keeping transformations intact after the model pane is closed.

0 Kudos