Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a way to calculate percentage change using Arcmap

07-01-2021 10:42 AM
HananAkilan
Emerging Contributor

Is there a way to calculate percentage change using Arcmap or I have to do this on my excel sheet, then I will upload it there and deal with it as symbology layer?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you elaborate?

What inputs do you have? And what is your expected output?

Think Location
0 Kudos
HananAkilan
Emerging Contributor

The input is the number of car accidents for June, July as group1. And the number of car accidents for Aug, Sep as group 2. I need to calculate the percentage change between g2 and g1 and colour the minus percentage with blue, and positive with yellow. I can do it using excel but is there a feature in Arcmap that calculate the percentage change.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do in excel... it doesn't sound from your description that you are dealing with anything spatial, in case you omitted those details

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
HananAkilan
Emerging Contributor

The change is linked to the polygons admin area codes. But ya I think I have to prepare the data on csv, then join it to admin shape file, and show symbolgy.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have table in CSV, first export it to a standalone table or a Geodatabase Table (Table to Table ).

Then add a new Field (Float), say PER_CHANGE

Then you could use Field Calculator

Parser: VB Script

(([Gr1]- [Gr2])/[Gr1])*100

You can join this table to the concerned Polygon Feature Class using Attribute Join.

Think Location
0 Kudos
HananAkilan
Emerging Contributor

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Shobhits
Emerging Contributor

If you have the data associated with your file. Then there is no need to go to excel. Just go to the attribute table. Make a new field and then right-click to this new field and go to field calculator. Here you can write the expression (Apre-Apost)*100/Apre to calculate the percentage change. In place of Apre and Apost select your data.

0 Kudos