Select to view content in your preferred language

Combining rasters

06-13-2016 07:02 AM
TylerBoquet-Caron
Deactivated User

My most recent project has me looking to combine 3 rasters together, attempting to make 1 single raster with 9 different output values.  The 3 rasters include one for slope, which in itself contains 3 categories of slope, labeled 1, 2, and 3.  The other rasters contain information about flowlines and waterbodies, labeled with the value of 100 or NoData, and a buffer zone for these values set to 10 or NoData.  The issue I am running into using the combine tool is that there is overlay between some of the rasters, which makes for way more than 9 output values.  I have tried isolating the areas of just buffer or just wetlands and making new rasters of that data, but to no avail.  If anybody has another tool or information on how to proceed please help me out.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

you can simply query for the classes you want using the raster calculator (for instance) and you will get a binary raster...where class 1 is where the condition is met.  You obviously want to simplify your inputs if you intend to use the Combine tool to produce the final combinations.

0 Kudos