Select to view content in your preferred language

Where is ba.py?

09-28-2011 08:55 AM
TylerCopple
New Contributor
I've been trying to track down the solution to this.

I was hoping to take a look at the module definition for business analyst.

Many of the arcpy definitions are in "/Desktop10.0/arcpy/arcpy/".  In this directory there is a ba.py, but it contains only two method definitions.  I'm thinking this might be my problem, unless there is another copy of ba.py getting loaded somewhere.

Thanks,
Tyler
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor
Tyler -

I believe this has to do with the Business Analyst extension.  First question - have you purchased BA?  If not, then you would not be able to access the python components for BA.

If you have a BA license, then you can access extensions via Python.  Please refer to the following webhelp: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//002z0000000z000000

Hope this helps.

Robert LeClair
Esri-Denver
0 Kudos
TylerCopple
New Contributor
Tyler -

I believe this has to do with the Business Analyst extension.  First question - have you purchased BA?  If not, then you would not be able to access the python components for BA.

If you have a BA license, then you can access extensions via Python.  Please refer to the following webhelp: http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//002z0000000z000000

Hope this helps.

Robert LeClair
Esri-Denver

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the response and yes I have purchased the BA extension. I'm less concerned with how to load/checkout the extension and more interested in looking at the actual source code. Many of the arcpy modules are, by default, located at %ARC_ROOT%/ArcGIS/Desktop10.0/arcpy/arcpy/  In that directory I'm able to view the actual source code.

I keep running into issues with Arcpy regarding parameter order, and Index Out Of Bounds exceptions being raised from inside the arcpy library. Generally all I'm trying to do is run examples so it's unclear why things don't work. I had hoped to view the module source so I could debug the issues without having to file a service request.

The question is do I have access to the ArcPY module for business analyst, if so where is it? I'm assuming it's named ba.py.

Tyler
0 Kudos