Select to view content in your preferred language

Special Event Command Center

Jump to solution
08-02-2024 05:04 AM
mshanaghan
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have any helpful links on how to configure the "Special Event Command Center" app within the Special Event Operations solution deployed on AGOL?

I'm looking for the ability to put field workers into my system and assign them to tasks. I have never used Workforce before. Can I add field workers through an application in this solution or must this be done through a different workforce application?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Delaney
Occasional Contributor

Hi @mshanaghan ,

You can find guidance on adding field workers to the solution here, under the subsection "Assign mobile personnel". Essentially, you'll perform the following steps:

1. Ensure your personnel have named user accounts with mobile worker licenses. If you want to track their locations, they should also have location tracking licensing.
  2. Ensure you have administrator access to your organizational portal.
  3. From the contents pane, find, open, and run the Special Event Operations Notebook to create a dedicated version of the Special Event Command Center (and its associated layers maps and apps) for your event.
  4. Go to the app launcher. Open Workforce app and add your mobile workers and dispatchers individually or from a file
  5. Go to the app launcher. Open Track Viewer app and add your mobile workers (and any named users who need to view the tracks in the command center app) to the {Event Name}_trackview tracking layer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chris_Delaney
Occasional Contributor

Hi @mshanaghan ,

You can find guidance on adding field workers to the solution here, under the subsection "Assign mobile personnel". Essentially, you'll perform the following steps:

1. Ensure your personnel have named user accounts with mobile worker licenses. If you want to track their locations, they should also have location tracking licensing.
  2. Ensure you have administrator access to your organizational portal.
  3. From the contents pane, find, open, and run the Special Event Operations Notebook to create a dedicated version of the Special Event Command Center (and its associated layers maps and apps) for your event.
  4. Go to the app launcher. Open Workforce app and add your mobile workers and dispatchers individually or from a file
  5. Go to the app launcher. Open Track Viewer app and add your mobile workers (and any named users who need to view the tracks in the command center app) to the {Event Name}_trackview tracking layer.
mshanaghan
Frequent Contributor

This is very helpful, thank you!

0 Kudos
mshanaghan
Frequent Contributor

If I run the notebook after I've already added data to the Site Map for an event, will that data be wiped away?

0 Kudos
JeremiahLindemann
Esri Contributor

No- the Sitemap data will always stay in the layer.  The notebook just uses filters to filter out by a specific event.  So you can run the notebook for an event, then add to the sitemap afterwards.

0 Kudos