Select to view content in your preferred language

Moving a map to a new computer

07-23-2011 05:50 PM
NathanBickle
New Contributor
Hello, if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.  I am about to receive a new computer at work.  I use BA with seed points and a zip code layer to create a map for recruiting zones for the entire US.  I have been told that I cannot move an editable from one computer to another.  I can export the map and move it, but once that has been done, I cannot make changes.

If anyone out there can assist me in moving an editable map from one computer to another, it would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello, if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.  I am about to receive a new computer at work.  I use BA with seed points and a zip code layer to create a map for recruiting zones for the entire US.  I have been told that I cannot move an editable from one computer to another.  I can export the map and move it, but once that has been done, I cannot make changes.

If anyone out there can assist me in moving an editable map from one computer to another, it would be greatly appreciated.

As for Business Analyst generated data which is located in the My Output Data folder all one would need to do is make a backup/copy of it on the current computer and then once Business Analyst is installed on the new computer simply re-name the new My Output Data folder and copy/paste the older My Output Data folder to the new computer.

Now if there is other data in a specific map document that was manually added/created and is stored elsewhere you will need to copy it to the same locations on the new computer or reconnect the data.
0 Kudos