Import existing Point Features into a newly deployed Solution

Jump to solution
01-08-2024 07:45 AM
DerekBernard
Occasional Contributor

I deployed the Tree Management solution to our system and it looks good.  However, we already have some tree data in a points Feature Class from an old project.  I would like to load those old points into the new tree solution as the points are still valid.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Hi @DerekBernard 

There are a few ways to load existing trees into the Trees feature layer. One way is to use the Tree Data Management Pro project that is deployed with your solution. The project contains step by step tasks, one being loading 'Load existing tree data'. You can learn more about using the Tree Data Management Pro project in the Manage tree data doc topic, here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/latest/reference/use-tree-management.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_74...

In particular, see the Load, create, and modify tree data sub-topic. That will help you get to the relevant Pro task which will help you through loading existing data. Make sure you check out the Get Started topic as well. 

I hope that helps!

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Hi @DerekBernard 

There are a few ways to load existing trees into the Trees feature layer. One way is to use the Tree Data Management Pro project that is deployed with your solution. The project contains step by step tasks, one being loading 'Load existing tree data'. You can learn more about using the Tree Data Management Pro project in the Manage tree data doc topic, here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/latest/reference/use-tree-management.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_74...

In particular, see the Load, create, and modify tree data sub-topic. That will help you get to the relevant Pro task which will help you through loading existing data. Make sure you check out the Get Started topic as well. 

I hope that helps!

Mike

0 Kudos
RicciLucas
New Contributor III

Hi Mike,

I've also deployed the solution and appended old data into the new solution. However, I am coming across an append tool "Warning 000594" which to my understanding means the output data has reached its maximum number of records or file size. Do you have any recommended solutions to that? 

0 Kudos
DerekBernard
Occasional Contributor

Step one and two say to download an copy of the project from Online.

DerekBernard_0-1704730805949.png

However, I don't see a way to do that. Am I missing something?

DerekBernard_1-1704730895465.png

0 Kudos
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

In the screenshot you shared, just a little lower, click on Tree Data Management. 

MikeDagle_0-1704740533565.png

Then on the item details page, click Download. (Or you can search for Tree Data Management, or navigate to it in your contents. All of the items deployed will be in a folder called Tree Management)

MikeDagle_1-1704740571677.png

MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

Hi @DerekBernard - Checking in to see if you were able to load your tree points.

DerekBernard
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I did.  Getting the points to load was a bit of a mess because I didn't want to load Removed trees (just old data) and we had a lot of null statuses so getting the query correct was interesting.  Now I have to do a bunch of data cleanup because our values are not consistent, and they don't match the Tree Management solution.  Once I get the data correct, the points show up properly on the map.  Thanks for the help!!!

0 Kudos
MikeDagle
Esri Contributor

That's great to hear. Best wishes on the next steps. 

DerekBernard
Occasional Contributor

You know, I thought it was loading but I'm having an issue where all the data won't load.  Only 772 of the 2890 rows will load.  I've tried all sorts of things and nothing seems to get all the data to load.  There don't seem to be any real required fields so it should all load, even as dirty data. 

SQL Server (my background) is so much easier to work with data 🙂

0 Kudos
RicciLucas
New Contributor III

FYI there is a bug enhancement (ENH-000113717) that prohibits you from loading your data into a hosted feature layer if you want to preserve your old data's global ids

Is anyone else having this issue with trying to load their old tree data into the solution?

0 Kudos