Select to view content in your preferred language

(GIS Request Management Solution, AGOL) Configuring New Fields in GIS Activities Dashboard Table

Jump to solution
08-12-2024 11:13 AM
Cierra_Scriven
Occasional Contributor

Hello @DanielWickens & @BrandiRank22 ,

I'm currently configuring our new GIS Request Management Solution on ArcGIS Online and have run into an issue that I could use some help with.

Specifically, I'm trying to add a column to the pre-configured Table within the My GIS Activities and GIS Activities Dashboards to display the "Requested By" and "Name" fields. These fields are crucial for us as they significantly influence the prioritization and assignment of tasks.

Here's what I've done so far:

• I added the "Requested By" and "Name" fields under Table -> Data -> Value Fields.
  • Although these fields appear in the minimized data table at the bottom of the page during the configuration process and are not blank, they show up as blank in the actual Activities table on the dashboard.

EsriCommunityPost_GISrequestDashboardTable.png

I’ve double-checked that the data is present and correctly formatted, but for some reason, it’s not displaying in the table as expected.

Has anyone encountered this issue before or found a solution? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandiRank22
Esri Contributor

@Cierra_Scriven 
Great question!

There is just one more step you need to take.

In the Table settings you will go to the "Values" tab.  Add the "pocname" and "requestdt" to the list as I have shown below.  Then you should see the values will be available in the table.

BrandiRank22_0-1723487664342.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrandiRank22
Esri Contributor

@Cierra_Scriven 
Great question!

There is just one more step you need to take.

In the Table settings you will go to the "Values" tab.  Add the "pocname" and "requestdt" to the list as I have shown below.  Then you should see the values will be available in the table.

BrandiRank22_0-1723487664342.png

Cierra_Scriven
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Brandi! That worked great.

Extra tip for others trying to implement a new date column: copy the formatting from the Creation Date AKA Submitted on Column to get MM/DD/YYYY.

Thanks!