Select to view content in your preferred language

Edit "_view" feature layer in Streetlight Management

Jump to solution
Tuesday
Hans_I-4
New Contributor II

When displaying the Streetlight Management Dashboard, the Streetlights Viewer Web Map is shown, which uses the TrafficControlDevices_view feature layer is displayed. 

I added fields to TrafficControlDevices, but they are not visible in TrafficControlDevices_view, so I cannot add them to the Web Map popup.

How can I edit the TrafficControlDevices_view feature layer to configure the Streetlights Viewer popup?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Eaton
Esri Contributor

Hi Hans, 

In order for new fields to show up in the view you need to update the view definition.  This can be found on the settings tab under the Feature layer (hosted, view) section

Andrew_Eaton_0-1720619109171.png

Andrew_Eaton_1-1720619261455.png

1. Click the update view button
  2. Click Next
  3. Navigate to the Streetlights layer and select it (you should see a fields section)
  4. Expand the fields and press the Select Fields button.  (You should see your new fields in this list)
  5. Ensure any of your new fields are checked off and then update the entire view.

These fields should now be available in the the map popups.   

More comprehensive information on setting view definitions can be found here if your interested:
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/set-view-definition.htm

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Andrew_Eaton
Esri Contributor

Hi Hans, 

In order for new fields to show up in the view you need to update the view definition.  This can be found on the settings tab under the Feature layer (hosted, view) section

Andrew_Eaton_0-1720619109171.png

Andrew_Eaton_1-1720619261455.png

1. Click the update view button
  2. Click Next
  3. Navigate to the Streetlights layer and select it (you should see a fields section)
  4. Expand the fields and press the Select Fields button.  (You should see your new fields in this list)
  5. Ensure any of your new fields are checked off and then update the entire view.

These fields should now be available in the the map popups.   

More comprehensive information on setting view definitions can be found here if your interested:
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/set-view-definition.htm

0 Kudos
Hans_I-4
New Contributor II

Thanks!

0 Kudos