CONTROLLING JOB NUMBERS

09-09-2011 05:36 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: patrick.murphy

Does anyone know how to control the job numbers issued out by JTX 931?

Say I created jobs in JTX with job numbers 1-20. They are issued to analysts and everything is completed. Continuing on I create another 20 jobs that JTX numbers 21-40. Now say I made a mistake in the JOB TYPE in which jobs 21-40 were created from. I decide to delete jobs 21-40, fix the issues with the JOB TYPE, and then create another 20 jobs from the recently corrected JOB TYPE. Now when I create the 20 jobs, JTX numbers them 41-60, skipping the numbers 21-40 which were created and then deleted.

I would like to be able to sequentially continue from the last successful batch of jobs. In the situation, I would like to have the jobs that WERE given numbers 41-60 actually be labeled 21-40. Is this possible?

I am assuming that this would involve going into one of JTX's tables in the actual database and manually deleting the records. I would like to confirm this prior to applying my assumption.

Patrick
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrianDemers
Esri Contributor
Hi Patrick,

To my knowledge, you can't reuse job IDs like you're describing.

As an alternative, you could set up an extended property for your jobs -- an alternate ID/number, really -- and then maintain its value however you wish.

I hope this helps,

Brian D.
0 Kudos