Select to view content in your preferred language

BA 10.1 Install Error 1309

03-12-2013 05:01 AM
PatrickRobinson
Deactivated User
During the BA 10.1 install I receive Error 1309.  It is during the portion where it is installing the data about 15-20 minutes into the install.  I am using the ISO downloaded from the Customer Care site mounted onto a virtual drive.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Patrick
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor
Hi Patrick,

I have seen this error a few times.  It may be a corrupt data download.  If this is the case, you would want to request the backup media from the customer care site.  Before doing so, I suggest to contact your customer service representative by calling 888.377.4575 Option 5 to discuss the issue.

Before this, however, you may try completely uninstalling all BA components thus far and reinstalling from scratch, just in case corruption has occurred during the install itself.

Matt
0 Kudos
PatrickRobinson
Deactivated User
I was able to get BA installed, but now I am having licensing issues.  I currently have 10.1 licensed at the Advanced Concurrent Use level.  We have 1 permanent BA Basic license in our license manager.  The toolbar is greyed out and when you try to click it on under Customize>Extensions it says the extension cannot be activated.  I have also run the 10.1 Basic Patch from the website, but no change.  I spoke with an ESRI Analyst and was told that Desktop does not work with the Basic license and I need a Standard license.  This was not the case when we had ArcGIS 10 installed.  Has that changed?  I asked the analyst to have someone from the BA team call me at their earliest convenience because his answer did not sound correct to me.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
I was able to get BA installed, but now I am having licensing issues.  I currently have 10.1 licensed at the Advanced Concurrent Use level.  We have 1 permanent BA Basic license in our license manager.  The toolbar is greyed out and when you try to click it on under Customize>Extensions it says the extension cannot be activated.  I have also run the 10.1 Basic Patch from the website, but no change.  I spoke with an ESRI Analyst and was told that Desktop does not work with the Basic license and I need a Standard license.  This was not the case when we had ArcGIS 10 installed.  Has that changed?  I asked the analyst to have someone from the BA team call me at their earliest convenience because his answer did not sound correct to me.

Thanks

Patrick,

I believe your issue is simply with your concurrent use license.  I would advice giving Esri Customer Service a call to get them to take a look at your CU license situation (888-377-4575).  Also you will want to make sure you have applied your 2011 .sdlic which you can check in ArcGIS Administrator>Data Licenses tab.  You should only have the one data license (unless you also have Business Analyst Canada edition).

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos