Select to view content in your preferred language

Age by Income data

Jump to solution
03-14-2013 07:42 AM
deleted-user-K_IRAXrpGKsG
Deactivated User
Hi,

Does anyone know if "Age by Income" data is available with either version of BA?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor
Hi Patrick,

In BA Desktop, there is Income by Age variables that are accessible for appending to geographies.  These variables are online data that are accessible when signed in to Business Analyst Online via BA Desktop.  With your BA Desktop license, you should have access to a BAO subscription in which you can sign in to via BA Desktop by going to Business Analyst > Preferences > Online tab.

You can then go to Business Analyst > Favorites > Append Data (Spatial Overlay) > Choose 'Use Online Data' and choose your desired geographic boundary layer for 'Overlay Layer' > Next > Search in the 'Filter' box for "income by age" > Expand the 2010 Income by Age (Esri) option > Add over any of the desired variables you would like to append into your geographic boundary layer > Next > Choose a name > Finish.

In Business Analyst Online, you can run a standard report called 'Household Income Profile (2012 Data)' which includes these age and income variables.

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthewPayne
Esri Contributor
Hi Patrick,

In BA Desktop, there is Income by Age variables that are accessible for appending to geographies.  These variables are online data that are accessible when signed in to Business Analyst Online via BA Desktop.  With your BA Desktop license, you should have access to a BAO subscription in which you can sign in to via BA Desktop by going to Business Analyst > Preferences > Online tab.

You can then go to Business Analyst > Favorites > Append Data (Spatial Overlay) > Choose 'Use Online Data' and choose your desired geographic boundary layer for 'Overlay Layer' > Next > Search in the 'Filter' box for "income by age" > Expand the 2010 Income by Age (Esri) option > Add over any of the desired variables you would like to append into your geographic boundary layer > Next > Choose a name > Finish.

In Business Analyst Online, you can run a standard report called 'Household Income Profile (2012 Data)' which includes these age and income variables.

Matt
0 Kudos
deleted-user-K_IRAXrpGKsG
Deactivated User
Fantastic, thanks for the answer!

One more data question, does ACS data come with BA as well? I need Educational attainment data within ACS.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Fantastic, thanks for the answer!

One more data question, does ACS data come with BA as well? I need Educational attainment data within ACS.

Thanks again.

Patrick,

To access the ACS-based educational attainment variables from online data you will to make sure your online data hierarchy is set to 'USA' instead of 'USACensus2010' on the Online tab in Business Analyst preferences.

I am pretty sure that BA10.1 Desktop with 2012/2017 will have ACS data locally but I will double check that.

Edit: Looks like I was incorrect.  ACS data won't be in the locally installed data in Business Analyst desktop but will be available using the Online Data option.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos