Arcpy, create store layer, location of locator

09-22-2011 06:30 AM
TylerCopple
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm extremely new to Arcpy and GIS in general but not to programming. I'm trying to walk through this example:

Create Store with Address Data

However, I cannot find

"C:/Program Files/ArcGIS/Desktop10.0/Business Analyst/Data/USA Geocoding Service/USA Geocoding Service"

in my installation. My BA installation path looks like C:/Program Files/ArcGIS/Desktop10.0/Business Analyst/Datasets, not /Data.

Did I forget to install something or is this example out of date?

Thanks,
Tyler
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello, 

I'm extremely new to Arcpy and GIS in general but not to programming. I'm trying to walk through this example: 

Create Store with Address Data

However, I cannot find  

"C:/Program Files/ArcGIS/Desktop10.0/Business Analyst/Data/USA Geocoding Service/USA Geocoding Service"

in my installation. My BA installation path looks like C:/Program Files/ArcGIS/Desktop10.0/Business Analyst/Datasets, not /Data.  

Did I forget to install something or is this example out of date? 

Thanks, 
Tyler

Tyler,

If you were the one that installed Business Analyst 10 there is an option to basically perform a data-less install. I would initially recommend running the install for Business Analyst 10 and make sure that 'Typical' option is used which should install the data on the local drive. I would double check and make sure how much hard drive space your primary drive has this will be installing a good 15+ GBs of data.

Regards,
Jason
0 Kudos
TylerCopple
New Contributor
Tyler,

If you were the one that installed Business Analyst 10 there is an option to basically perform a data-less install.  I would initially recommend running the install for Business Analyst 10 and make sure that 'Typical' option is used which should install the data on the local drive.  I would double check and make sure how much hard drive space your primary drive has this will be installing a good 15+ GBs of data.

Regards,
Jason

Thanks Jason, I was able to go back to the installation package and extract the necessary files.

Tyler
0 Kudos