Will the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF ever be royalty free for distribution?

Jump to solution
09-23-2015 01:19 PM
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

At the company I am currently with, we use another GIS software that allows for royalty free distribution of our WPF mapping applications. Will Esri ever start doing this? That is one thing keeping us from switching.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Our license model is designed to lower the cost of development and give flexible options for deployment. In some cases that may be no-cost if your app only uses functionality that constitutes a Basic license - see the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF licensing pages for more information. The newer .NET SDK also offers the ability to license your app with existing organizational user subscriptions: License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Our license model is designed to lower the cost of development and give flexible options for deployment. In some cases that may be no-cost if your app only uses functionality that constitutes a Basic license - see the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF licensing pages for more information. The newer .NET SDK also offers the ability to license your app with existing organizational user subscriptions: License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers.

Cheers

Mike

ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

I thought it would be helpful if maybe an enterprise license were available for large companies. We pay more right now for the ability to distribute freely, but I do like Esri products, so I thought I would put that question out there. Thanks.

0 Kudos