License Warning and Raster problem

05-28-2013 12:05 PM
RyanNoble
New Contributor
I copied code from the "Add Shapefiles and Rasters" example into my project. When I try to add a raster layer, I get a message box that says "This ArcGIS Runtime application is running using a development license. This license is valid for development and testing only". Also, my raster image does not show up over the basemap (but it does when I run the sample).

My license string (in Application.xaml.cs) is set up for Development,C#,Standard, and no extensions.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RyanNoble
New Contributor
I got the raster to display, but I still get the nag popup every time. How do I get rid of it?
0 Kudos
MatthewBrown1
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

If you are running the application on a PC that has the Runtime SDK installed and licensed, my experience is that you don't need the license key in the code. Comment it out and try to debug the solution - it should run with no nag screen.

However, if you are testing a deployment (i.e. on a PC without the SDK installed), you will need this code and you will see the nag screen unless you purchase a deployment license (and use that key in your code).

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/runtime-wpf/concepts/index.html#/Licensing_FAQs/0170000000540000...

Hope this helps,

Matt
0 Kudos
RyanNoble
New Contributor
I took the license string out of Application.xaml.cs and the nag screen stopped showing up. Thanks!
0 Kudos