BLEND Crash on ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer URL dependency

01-09-2012 08:34 AM
AlanHord
New Contributor
Greetings ???

I crafted a standalone WFP application of a new feature; works fine without issues.  I spoon it in to our larger application and now Blend crashes/locks-up.  I have traced this back to setting the ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer URL in XAML: If I remove the layer or URL, Blend is fine, however this creates new issues:  The EXE can???t parse the XML and complains that the URL needs to be set or resolved ??? even though I am doing this in codebehind.

I can create the layer independently in codebehind and add it to the Map component, but again ??? this creates new problems because our GraphicsLayer has a custom MapTip tied to it, and I do not have enough information to properly add a MapTip style on-the-fly (I want to post this as a second question :o)

Unfortunately Blend-crashing has become a real problem for our UI developers.  Is there another way we can work around the dependency?  I???ve already added
if (!DesignerProperties.GetIsInDesignMode(new DependencyObject()))   { //our code }
after InitializeComponent(), but this issue with the URL is a tricky one, and I don???t think Blend should need to go make a fetch to the service.

Thanks, K
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you share the code that's giving you Blend error? Thanks.
0 Kudos