Can a map display multiple vector tile layers

01-18-2018 07:39 AM
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

We have a vector tile package stored on disk and loaded into our map.  The behavior I am seeing is that if we load this layer along with a ArcGISTiledLayer the vector tile layer loads and display fine.  However, if the ArcGISVectorTiledLayer is loaded with a map that already contains an ArcGISVectorTiledLayer that second layer will not display.  I can see it is in the map, it just is not visible.  The behavior is the same if the layer on disk is loaded first or the online layer is added first, whichever layer is added first will display, the second will not.

Is this expected behavior?  I find it odd that it is not possible to have multiple vector tile layers in the same map.

Thanks

-Joe

Note:  This testing has always been one layer loaded from a service and the other from a vector tile package

Thanks,
-Joe
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

After some further testing and debugging I believe this is because the tile package is in a local projection not Web Mercator like the online basemaps.  I am setting up a vector tile map in the Web Mercator to confirm

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes the layers have to be the same projection for this to work, but then it should just work.

0 Kudos