Select to view content in your preferred language

App crash rendering the map

03-06-2018 11:45 AM
MarcoGiraldo
Emerging Contributor

Good Afternoon.

We are developing an WPF application that can route turn by turn directions on the maps. We are using the offline mode to consume the maps through a mmpk file. We have two options of tghe maps one of them uses turn by turn option and the other just plotts some icons over some points on the map. We open the routing map and it works, open the plott map and it works too, but when we try to open the routing map again, the app crash and we are seeing a kernel.dll error in the Event Viewer. The error is more frequently when we use tablets windows, in this moment the tests are running over windows 8.1 pro 32 bits, with Atom cpu 1.60 GHz and 2 gb of ram. Today I update the sdk through the nugget of visual Studio to the 100.2.1 version but the issue is the same.

Thanks for your help.

5 Replies
GregDeStigter
Esri Contributor

Sorry you're dealing with a crash Marco. Could you help us reproduce this by sharing some code on how you switch between the maps. A small reproducer would be best, but  a crash dump or a stack trace of the crash would help us get to the bottom of this one more quickly.

MarcoGiraldo
Emerging Contributor

Hi Greg, Sorry for the late.

I was doing some other tests and when I turn off the auto-rotation of the map during the routing, the tablets with low resources do not crash. We are opting to implement three "modes" to show the map, with a static map mode when the tablet has low resources.
But I think I can get a crash dump file for you. The idea is improve the api.

Thanks.

MarcoGiraldo
Emerging Contributor

Hello Greg.

I just leave the file zip with the dump file inside and other files for you interest too.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MarcoGiraldo
Emerging Contributor

Hello Greg.

I just leave the file zip with the dump file inside and other files for you interest too.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
GregDeStigter
Esri Contributor

Thanks Marco.  We'll check it out and try to see what the problem is.

0 Kudos