Vector tile number of features limit?

10-21-2021 06:28 AM
kris
by
New Contributor III

We have a vector tile service, and some of our data sets are heavy. 

In ArcGIS JavaScript client, all features are drawn, but when looking at the same data in the iOS runtime SDK, some features does not draw... To me, it looks like random features within the tile is ignored/skipped. It could be a config/styling issue, but it does work zooming in (the same features spread over more tiles), and it also works in the JS-client. 

Now I found some old post online mentioning a limit on 10k features within a vector tile, but does that apply for the runtime SDK as well? (I inspected some tiles, and they do contain more than 10k features..)

Cheers, Kris

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@kris 

You may have to use the Manage Tile Cache tool and update your tile cache to display your tiles at a lower scale.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
g3oapp
by
New Contributor II

I am not working with vector tile services, but I am seeing something similar (features not rendered that appear once the user zooms in/out). In my case it only happens with the latest iOS SDK (100.12): https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-runtime-sdk-for-ios-questions/features-not-rendered-with-ios-sd...

Have you tried to use SDK 100.10? In my case it is working fine with that version

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@g3oapp 

Could be a bug. 

I did a search here: 

https://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=iOS%20SDK%20100.12&content-type=Bugs 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
kris
by
New Contributor III

Thanks. I repro the issue on 100.10 as well

0 Kudos
kris
by
New Contributor III

Not sure, but it seem to correlate with the number of layers. If I reduce the number of layers within the vector to just one layer (one style), it takes a little longer until I am able to repro the issue. 

0 Kudos
kris
by
New Contributor III

Actually I cannot find any reasonable pattern to when it occurs, but I´ve verified that this is indeed an issue and filed a report. Besides comparing the rendering from a JS-client to the runtime, I´ve done the following changes to styling to confirm that this is an issue
* Original styling has 5 layers. Each layer has a field-value filter (to facilitate different style for each layer)
* Zooming in and out cause some features to drop from rendering in this setup. I took a note of one of the features that disappered
* Removing all layers but the one containing the noted feature, I doo see the feature draw using the same zoom in/out-test as above

0 Kudos