iOS SDK create AGSPolyline with tiled image

08-30-2020 05:39 PM
AndrewRangel
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am looking to create an AGSPolyline with a tiled image as the style. I see how you can pass in a symbol, but I don't see a symbol type where I can pass in an image. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Could you provide a screenshot of what you're trying to achieve? Do you mean something like the picture stroke symbol described in the ArcGIS Pro documentation here?

0 Kudos
AndrewRangel
New Contributor II

Yes! Thank you for pointing out that link. That is exactly what I am looking for, but for the iOS SDK. There only seems to be a way to pass a dash style and a line color, but no deeper customizations. 

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, Runtime does not support this at present.

Although there's no API, I had hoped that you might be able to construct symbol JSON and have Runtime render it using AGSSymbol.fromJSON(), but I checked with the team and this particular capability is not yet implemented (Runtime supports most of what can be authored in Pro for line styles, except picture and gradient line symbols). I don't have an ETA for when it would be implemented but I'll make sure your comment is noted.

0 Kudos
AndrewRangel
New Contributor II

I appreciate the quick response and the information, thank you. 

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Actually, there is also this (Marker Symbol Placement), which I think is more powerful and useful than picture stroke symbols: Position and place marker symbol layers—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Unfortunately, Runtime doesn't support this yet either, but it is at least being considered. Would that work for you?

0 Kudos
AndrewRangel
New Contributor II

Yes that would be idea. We are looking to create custom lines like the ones below