Select to view content in your preferred language

Identify

11-21-2011 08:19 AM
CarlosIsaac_Cabrera
Deactivated User
Hello All,

I am just seeking to get some general questions answered.  First of all I am using arcgis explorer online to configure my app and I have enabled pop ups.  I was wondering if there is a way to either have the previous type of identify capability in the new ArcGIS for IOS app or if I can somehow change the default nature of identify to correspond to a feature / feature layer.  I'm trying to avoid having to create a custom application if I don't have to.  Any and all help is much appreciated.

Example:  I want to identify a parcel and the default thing returned is the default Location pop-up:

SEE ATTACHED IMAGE.

I would like to have the pop up for parcel information to come up instead. Is this possible using arcgis explorer online / the default configuration?  In the video demo online its shows the ability to identify with a button in the ios app but the latest version does not have said button.  Either I have not enabled it or this has changed.

I'll also create a ticket for this so I can get help from the horses mouth :).
0 Kudos
12 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Also if your features lack an OID the layer will fail to load and you will be unable to query the layer which would return the popup information.
0 Kudos
AliciaSoto
Frequent Contributor
If you are going to write the pop-up info into your JSON file, this thread is a good reference.

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/36981-Identify-Feature-ESRI-ArcGIS-APP-Update
0 Kudos
MatthewKing
Frequent Contributor
To get that functionality to open the popup directly on the tap of a feature will require custom development. On the iPad version however the popup will open directly when you tap on the feature.

Russ

It would be great if the other versions of the app (iphone, android) were like the iPad and the pop-up opened directly upon tapping it, you know, for consistency sake.  If that's not going to happen, I would like to suggest replacing that white arrow with the more typical and noticeable blue circle/white arrow that common with iOS lists (I think it's called the "Detailed Disclosure Button", see pix below).  So many folks don't realize that when they select an item on the map that they have to tap that arrow to see the data.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22214[/ATTACH]

Or, maybe even better since it's also a map, using the same blue "information" icon that Apple Maps uses...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22217[/ATTACH]

Thanks!
0 Kudos