How to get only updated features through iOS sdk

06-15-2017 08:33 PM
KamalMittal
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have generated geodatabase on device for offline use. Now I want to get only those features which are last edited/modified or newly added instead of whole features data and update geodatabse(which will contain old + new feature data) on device when user press refresh button. Right now I am using Arcgis runtime iOS sdk v100.0

How I will achieve that thing?

Thanks,

Kamal

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SuganyaBaskaran1
Esri Contributor

You'll have to loop through the tables in your geodatabase and use updatedFeaturesWithCompletion: method available on AGSGeodatabaseFeatureTable class. Alternatively, you can also just get the number of updates using updatedFeaturesCountWithCompletion: method. 

Suganya

KamalMittal
New Contributor III

Thanks Suganaya.

Actually I want to fetch only updated features or specific features data from arcgis online layer url not from the locally geodatabase.

Thanks,

Kamal

0 Kudos
SuganyaBaskaran1
Esri Contributor

Do you mean when you do a sync? If that's the case, by default sync operation is performed for only the changes. 

0 Kudos
KamalMittal
New Contributor III

Yes I am asking about sync operation. So one thing I want to confirm is that when I call  feature service again then it will return only updated feature data or whole feature data?

Thanks,

Kamal

0 Kudos
KamalMittal
New Contributor III

Any Update on this?

0 Kudos
MichaelDavis3
Occasional Contributor III

At least in my experience the default behavior when syncing is to send and receive only the diff information.  You shouldn't be getting back the entire dataset.

0 Kudos