Have you seen this bug? World spanning line if any vertex outside visible extent to east.

03-27-2019 01:57 PM
ReedHunter
New Contributor III

I maintain an iOS field collection offline editing application for a large agency, and this bug was brought to my attention in the 100.3 Runtime SDK for iOS.

When editing a line where one or more of the sketch vertices is outside the visible extent on the east side of the map, the line connecting to the next added vertex will wind around the world in the east direction, coming back around to the next vertex from the west.  Any vertex has to be outside of the visible extent to the East - no other cardinal direction recreates the bug.

It's taking me more time than I have available for now to work through some config problems getting the 100.4 SDK samples setup to recreate this bug, so I'm kicking this out to anyone else who has 100.4.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

-Reed

f26e87e5-16c0-483b-a33f-7cf98c52ce71

Steps to reproduce:

1. Using an editing application in iOS, begin editing a line or creating one from scratch. Bug reproduces either way.

2. Position the edit sketch so that any vertex is outside the map's visible extent to the right (to the east).

3. Add another vertex.

Result:

Line connecting the previous end of the line sketch to the new vertex goes straight east around the world and connects to your new vertex from the west.

Expected result: 

Line connecting the two last vertices should take the shortest path.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RyanOlson1
Esri Contributor

Can you try 100.4? I think that was potentially fixed.

0 Kudos
ReedHunter
New Contributor III

It will be close to a month from now before the upgrade to 100.4 will be scheduled for my project, and it will be another week or two before I can take time off from other tasks to try again to configure the Sdk samples from 100.4.  I'll eventually have a chance to test on 100.4.

0 Kudos
RyanOlson1
Esri Contributor

I just tried with 100.4 and it's still an issue. I will enter a bug in our system. Thanks for reporting it

ReedHunter
New Contributor III

Thanks Ryan for taking a look.  It would have taken me a lot longer to have that confirmed and filed for your team.

0 Kudos
SuganyaBaskaran1
Esri Contributor

This has been fixed in the upcoming 100.5 release. 

Thanks,

Suganya