Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing geodatabase offline

12-02-2020 09:16 AM
robymun
New Contributor II

Hi, we are use a old version of esri sdk, 10.2.5, we are trying to edit an offline geodatabase

our application uses a standard license level so all functionality are avaiable

NSError *errore = nil;

[AGSRuntimeEnvironment setClientID:@"ourclientid" error:&errore];

if (errore)    {

NSLog(@"Errore registrazione licenza ArcGIS: %@", errore.localizedDescription);

}
AGSLicenseResult  result = [[AGSRuntimeEnvironment license] setLicenseCode:@"ourlicense"];
 NSLog(@"result: %ld",(long)result); // result equals to AGSLicenseResultValid
 AGSLicenseLevel level = [AGSRuntimeEnvironment license].licenseLevel;
 NSLog(@"license level: %ld",(long)level); // level equals to 2 (AGSLicenseLevelStandard)

but when i try to edit the geodatabase , for example update a feature , the code is similar at  this

NSError* err; 
BOOL success = [self.localFeatureTable saveFeature:feature error:&err]; 
if (success){ 
   NSLog(@"Success updating this feature : %ld", (long)r.objectId); 
} 
else { 
   NSLog(@"Fail. Investigate this error : %@", [error localizedDescription]); 
}

we get the following error

Attempt to use functionality that is not supported for the current license level

what could be the problem?

regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

That all looks OK. I don't think this will help, but can you read the expiry date once the license has been set? I know the enum indicates that it's still valid, but want to make sure there's agreement there.

In your second snippet, I noticed the error variable is err but that you then output [error localizedDescription]. I'm guessing that's just a typo, but can you double-check that you're reading the right error message?

0 Kudos
robymun
New Contributor II

hy Nicholas thanks for the quick response

i po the expiry date , and the result seems to be correct

po license.expiry

4001-01-01 00:00:00 +0000

the err variable  in our code is correct, in the code I had posted there is a transcription error. 

The problem could be due to the version of the arcgis server (where db is created) compared with the mobile version?

Regards 

0 Kudos