AGSRasterLayer not working. Debugging suggestions?

08-29-2022 07:45 AM
AndriyFedin
New Contributor II

I'm trying to display an elevation map layer using AGSRasterLayer, but it doesn't appear on the map. 
I took the code from the AGSRasterLayer example, and it works perfectly fine with the URL from the example. But when I change the URL to the imageServer URL with the elevation map, the layer doesn't show up.

The elevation map URL works fine on the web with the ImageryTileLayer (JS). I asked how to implement it using iOS SDK in this post, and @MichaelBranscomb suggested using the AGSImageServiceRaster.

Is there any way to find out what's wrong? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AndriyFedin 

There might be two problems.

1. Runtime only supports LERC tiles for elevation, and not visualization. You would need to publish a service that supports one of the formats listed here. Sorry we didn't spot that sooner when you replied in the original post!
    2022-08-30_10-42-30.png
  2. Note that Runtime cannot reproject tiled images, so if you tried to display this service (WGS84) in a Web Mercator map, it would not display. That's something you can work around by suitably authoring/constructing the map. However, even if that's the case, the format can't be LERC.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos