Want More Accurate LatLong

09-30-2019 02:36 AM
NishidhKhanapara
New Contributor

Hi i m using Arcgis map for my site but i have one problem with latlong..there is only xx.xxx latitude value but i want more accurate latlong...is it possible ..? And if Possible than please help me out how can i get.....

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rachael_Ellen
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Assuming you are asking about setting a more accurate latitude/longitude to your ArcGISMap (i.e. one which has more than three decimal places), then yes it is possible. For example, see the following constructor:

ArcGISMap map = new ArcGISMap(Basemap.Type.NATIONAL_GEOGRAPHIC, 56.075844, -2.681572, 10);

Where 56.075844 is the latitude, and -2.681572 is the longitude.

You may also find this sample helpful for setting up a map to load on particular lat/long. It will also show you how to add points to the map with very detailed x/y co-ordinates. You may also find it helpful to refer to the API Ref for the ArcGIS Runtime for Android.

0 Kudos
EricCollinsOVV
New Contributor III

Accuracy represents how close a measurement comes to its true value. You're actually talking about precision, and significant digits. A .0001 difference is latitude is ~10-11 meters.You need to ask yourself - is your data that precise to start with? Autonomous GPS data would be fine with three decimals only. Take a look at the map scale you are using and see if increased precision will impact your work or not.

0 Kudos