Location Referencing license for server?

Jump to solution
08-15-2022 06:22 PM
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Occasional Contributor II

In ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 I have a Location Referencing license that I've been using successfully to create and edit an LRS dataset and line network in a File Geodatabase.

GraemeBrowning_Aurizon_0-1660612569680.png

Now I'm trying to use Migrate an LRS from a file geodatabase to a multiuser geodatabase—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation to start editing my LRS in an Enterprise Geodatabase via feature services.  However, as soon as I look for my enterprise Location Referencing dataset I get that "The Location Referencing dataset was not found."

GraemeBrowning_Aurizon_1-1660612771929.png

Is there such a thing as a Location Referencing license on the server that needs to be authorized before I can properly see a Location Referencing dataset stored there?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@GraemeBrowning_Aurizon The Location Referencing Server extension must be licensed to publish services with LRS capability.  There is no install on the Server side but you need to activate the server-ext license. The Event Editor web app is a separate install. However, you should see the LRS Hierarchy using a direct connect to the Enterprise GDB (just Pro Location Referencing  license required).   

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@GraemeBrowning_Aurizon The Location Referencing Server extension must be licensed to publish services with LRS capability.  There is no install on the Server side but you need to activate the server-ext license. The Event Editor web app is a separate install. However, you should see the LRS Hierarchy using a direct connect to the Enterprise GDB (just Pro Location Referencing  license required).   

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
GraemeBrowning_Aurizon
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks @AyanPalit 

I found out about the "Location Referencing Server Pipeline_Roads" authorization (which we do have in place) just before I saw your reply.

- Graeme

0 Kudos