Select to view content in your preferred language

How to access serviceDirectory resources on web client by using javascript SDK

2 weeks ago
JuanGiacosa
New Contributor

I'm developing an application that allows users to integrate with their ArcGis account and display their hosted layers on my platform. I want to apologize for the semantics in advance; I may get some resource names wrong, since I'm not an ArcGis user and have never before used It; I'm just a developer trying to understand what Is It that needs to be done to achieve Its Goal, and would appreciate it if I get educated on this topic. .

My use case

The platform users should be able to provide an URL (I believe they are called Web service URLs) such as the following:

The end goal here is to display a list of all the services in that URL to allow the user to select one and access a layer within that service, and to eventually display all the Graphics in that layer. Let's say the user will end up accessing any of the following URLs:

What do I need

I need to be able to access the web service URL provided by the user to display a list of all the services (Services directory if I'm not wrong) in that URL via the JavaScript SDK. The provided Web service URL can belong to the user, the group the user belongs to, or be public. And it can be hosted in ArcGis or a federated server.

What did I try so far

I've been able to access the private web service URLs by authenticating the user and then accessing Its portal and then displaying a list of all the content owned by the user. But I have failed at accessing the public web service URLs since I cannot find enough information to directly access them, irrespective of their accesibility. 

I've found that in Python there's a Module called ServicesDirectory that I believe It is actually what I'm needing, but haven't found anything similar when using JavaScript. 

Any help is appreciated, as well as any correction to my lack of knowledge of the  ArcGIS universe. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies