Select to view content in your preferred language

Temperature up/down button for streaming point data

10-23-2023 11:49 AM
AdamGaudet
Regular Contributor

We are capturing road temperature data for a county government road patrol crew. Basically, crews are required to enter road temperature information as temperatures change over the course of a work day.

Our current system is set up as a QuickCapture button that links to a Survey123 form in which road temperature is entered with a slider. This works somewhat OK, but we think it is a few too many pushes on the screen than desired (1. Push to enter the survey > 2. Slide the temperature slider to the desired temperature > 3. Push the checkmark to submit the survey > 4. Push "Send now" to submit the survey), as well as having to deal with a somewhat small slider button. Crews will also be entering this data in the winter with more often than not gloves on over their fingers, so the fewer touches of the screen, the better.

What was suggested by the crew and supervisor is having a way to toggle temperatures up/down such as with a set of arrows in which the input temperature would be visible in between (or next to) the arrows. Something like this would work excellent for our purposes in that temperatures doesn't fluctuate wildly over the course of a work day: a road temperatures will stay 2 degrees for an hour or so, then drops a degree in the next hour, and then drops a degree again over the next hour to now be at freezing level in which operations will shift strategies to deal with the frozen road segments.

Does anyone have any idea how this might be done? Toggling temperature by up/down buttons? I thought that there may be some fancy black magic that could be done under the hood in the JSON file, though I haven't explored this too deeply yet. Any little bit of help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

TL;DR: Looking for a way to build up/down arrows to toggle streaming point data (temperature) in QuickCapture.

10 Replies
AdamGaudet
Regular Contributor

Thanks Jeff. I'll have a look at this.

0 Kudos