Streaming Points

Jump to solution
03-01-2021 10:43 AM
BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to stream the collection of points?  From the article here, it seems like it is possible, but I cannot figure out how to get it to work.  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/quickcapture/help/editproject.htm#

When I create a button to capture a single point the "Capture Mode - Streaming Points" is disabled.

Thanks,

BrianBulla1_0-1614624089045.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian,

Yes, it is supported to capture streaming points in QuickCapture. The streaming point option will be disabled if a button is set to capture Single point and has a Button user input applied to one of the Capture fields. If you want this button to capture streaming points, make sure the button user input is unselected from the data field. If the issue still persists, please send us a screenshot of the issue or share your project with the account: QCCreator, we will take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Mandy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

Hmmmm.....ok I just created a new button and I seem to be able to "Stream" with this new button.  So what is the deal?  I have to set this initially?  I do not have the option to change from "Single Point" to "Streaming" after I already Save the button??

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian,

Yes, it is supported to capture streaming points in QuickCapture. The streaming point option will be disabled if a button is set to capture Single point and has a Button user input applied to one of the Capture fields. If you want this button to capture streaming points, make sure the button user input is unselected from the data field. If the issue still persists, please send us a screenshot of the issue or share your project with the account: QCCreator, we will take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Mandy

BrianBulla1
Occasional Contributor

OK, thanks Mandy.  So is it not possible to populate an attribute for all of your streaming points?  For example, one of my attributes is "LOCATION".  Is it not possible to manually enter in the location attribute, and then start collecting points?  So for example everything captured at 'Site 1' could be differentiated from everything captured at 'Site 2'??

Hopefully that makes sense.

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Brian, this is also possible. For the value that needs to be entered before data collection, the project user input will serve the purpose. Project user input can be applied to one or more data fields for one or more buttons, in your case, the Location field. A project user input is a predefined global input at the project level, it shows up at the project opening, field users can change the value of it before or during the data collection process. 

0 Kudos