Streaming Oriented Imagery 360 Photos

12-27-2021 02:32 PM
PamBlackmore
New Contributor III

We are trying to identify the best way to capture 360 degree photos along our roads at automated distance intervals with precision GPS so that we can create a Google streetview-type map. From what I understand, QuickCapture is the only Esri app that captures the necessary oriented imagery metadata to do this. However, when attempting to create a project in QuickCapture, I couldn't select both "Streaming Points" and "Take photo" as one becomes disabled when the other is selected. Is there a way to go about doing this using QuickCapture or other Esri software?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MylesSutherland1
New Contributor

Hi Pam - we provide  a 360 imagery service for ArcGIS using our cameras. It provides both the imagery viewer in sync with your ArcGIS Online or Enterprise account to display web maps and web scenes with the imagery. We also map features from the imagery directly into feature services. So, a bit different than you are looking for with QuickCapture, but perhaps an option worth taking a look at. Myles myles@geocam.xyz 

0 Kudos
PamBlackmore
New Contributor III

Thanks, Myles! We're really wanting to do it in house, but I'll let you know if that changes.

Best,

Pam

0 Kudos
MylesSutherland1
New Contributor

Flick me an email - it is possible for us to enable you to use our camera. Myles

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @PamBlackmore QuickCapture supports capture oriented imagery. 

In QuickCapture's existing configuration, 'Streaming points' and 'Single point' are two different capture modes. Streaming points doesn't support take photo(s) but only collect points at specified distance interval. Single point does support take photo(s), and mobile user needs to manually tap the button in order to take the photo/capture a record. You can also configure buttons to Hide camera preview to make the photo capture automatic without opening the camera preview page when the button is pressed. 

We do not support 'Stream photos' at the moment, which may fit what you've described above better. Would be helpful if you can share a bit more about your workflow and requirements. Feel free to post it to QuickCapture ideas. Thanks!

PamBlackmore
New Contributor III

Thanks so much for your prompt response! I'll submit an idea and then post a link to it here so others can upvote it if they desire.

0 Kudos
PamBlackmore
New Contributor III
0 Kudos
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Were you able to connect QuickCapture to your 360 camera?  We have been trying to figure out how to do that for a while now and can't get it to work.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
PamBlackmore
New Contributor III

I haven't been able to, unfortunately. @Mandy_Li, could you please provide some guidance for us to do so?

0 Kudos
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi @PamBlackmore Integrating with external cameras is not supported yet in QuickCapture, we will reach out to you to discuss it further. 

0 Kudos