Quickcapture trace a road

Jump to solution
08-08-2020 02:38 PM
GeoMapps
New Contributor III

Hello

Somebody told me that i can use Quickcapture to save a route, like set a Start /Stop buttons.

If click Start button the app start to draw the line ( suppouse that i am driving) and when i click stop the quick capture save that line, i only want to save the parts of my driving when i want, i know that app Tracker exist but i am not interested on see the useres on real time only want to know at the end of the day the route they went but only using start / stop

Me comentaron que podria grabar el recorrido, por ejemplo mientras voy conduciendo me interesa grabar desede un punto A a B la linea  para calcular distancia y posteriormente de C a D , se que existe Tracker pero no estamos interesados en realtime, solo queremos saber los recorridos ( tramos) de los usuarios donde ellos colocarlo inicio y final. 

regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marco

All you need to do is add a polyline layer to your project and configure it to be the data source of a button. When the user of the project taps the button it will start collecting a line. When the user finishes walking/driving they tap the same button again to end the line. The captured polyline will be uploaded to ArcGIS just like a point.

If you want to test this out, go into the try me option in the mobile app and download the marine debris sampling project. The first button is a button configured to capture a track.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marco

All you need to do is add a polyline layer to your project and configure it to be the data source of a button. When the user of the project taps the button it will start collecting a line. When the user finishes walking/driving they tap the same button again to end the line. The captured polyline will be uploaded to ArcGIS just like a point.

If you want to test this out, go into the try me option in the mobile app and download the marine debris sampling project. The first button is a button configured to capture a track.

Thanks

John

GeoMapps
New Contributor III

Muchas Gracias Johnathan Hasthorpe‌ (y)

0 Kudos