quickcapture not working with trimble r1

Jump to solution
08-19-2019 08:54 PM
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

HI, I can't get quickcapture  1.1 to work with a trimble r1 (with latest firmware and NEMA set up). Any advice? I can see the r1 in the list of devices to use with QC but if I try to add i just get the spinning wheel. 

b

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanColbert
New Contributor III

I'm happy to announce the availability of R1 firmware v5.44 which enables full compatibility with Survey123 and QuickCapture on iOS.  All R1 devices are eligible for this update.

The FW v5.44 updater can be found HERE

Full FW v5.44 release notes can be found HERE

A similar update is underway for the R2.  As soon as that update is available, we'll update this post with that information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bob - can you confirm the phone and operating system you are using?

There is a known issue affecting iOS devices when directly connecting to R1s and are working with Trimble on a resolution. We'll update this post when we have an update.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply John. I am using an Iphone X and an Ipad mini 5th generation, both running iOS 12.4.

0 Kudos
GeorgeStrebel
New Contributor III

Any follow up with the R1 connecting to quickcapture?  Running iOS 13.5 on iPad 5th generation

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - We are just waiting for a firmware fix from Trimble (for the R1). Once this is released, then QuickCapture should work with the receiver. 

BobChristensen
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jonathan, any news here?

I need a fix by May so if it is not forthcoming, can you recommend a different receiver that is suitable for creating lines for a road system while driving 20-40 mph?

Thanks.

b

0 Kudos
DanColbert
New Contributor III

Bob - I would expect an R1 firmware release in the next several weeks.  This will allow the R1 to work properly with QuickCollect (and Survey123).

0 Kudos
DaveManning1
New Contributor

Dan Colbert‌, Any idea what the timeframe on a firmware release for the R2 will be?

0 Kudos
DanColbert
New Contributor III

Hi Dave, there's no definitive timeline for the R2 firmware release at this time.  As soon as we're able to narrow in, I'll update accordingly.

0 Kudos
DanColbert
New Contributor III

I'm happy to announce the availability of R1 firmware v5.44 which enables full compatibility with Survey123 and QuickCapture on iOS.  All R1 devices are eligible for this update.

The FW v5.44 updater can be found HERE

Full FW v5.44 release notes can be found HERE

A similar update is underway for the R2.  As soon as that update is available, we'll update this post with that information.

0 Kudos