Select to view content in your preferred language

QuickCapture Attatchments not being sent over to ArcGIS online.

07-12-2024 01:32 PM
PersonQuick
New Contributor

I'm at my wit's end right now. I have setup multiple Quick Capture applications that require users to submit a photo each time they submit an entry, however some of these entries still come into ArcGIS online without an attachment. I'm really not quite sure what to do anymore. I've reconfigured my layers so supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds is now true, yet the problem keeps occurring. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PersonQuick
New Contributor

After playing with the app a bit, it seems like this happens when you lose access to the internet when uploading. Which is often the case when working in rural areas...

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Try reducing the photo size requirements to Large? 'Actual size' can cause issues, there's a bug we found with Field Maps in the latest release.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

@PersonQuick

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with attachments. First off, QuickCapture is designed to function in disconnected environments, so resilience is built into the app.

When using supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds, attachments should be uploaded first. Once all attachments have been successfully uploaded, the feature will then be sent. This approach is designed to prevent any missing attachments.

If you're experiencing something different, we'd like to gather more details:

• What device and operating system are you using?
  • What type of network connection are you on? Is it a cellular network?
  • Are you encountering the issue when sending from the office or over WiFi?

We have logging tools that can help diagnose the problem if you're open to a call. If so, please email me at QuickCapture@esri.com.

0 Kudos